George & Emily lived just along on the opposite side of the road to the Montague Arms in 1882 at 57 Benwell Road. Amazingly the building is still there. Bad bombing see (more of G & E) destroyed most of the odd side also damaging the even side. The pub sign is the same but the window has been moved. The balustrades and mouldings on the roof probably became unsafe and had to be removed. The pub is now flats called Montague House. The photo taken in 1910 was almost certainly as it was in 1870 so it has changed little in 130 years but is less elegant and nice detail has been lost.