Richmond House Writtle
Birth of Adelaide Musgrove
interesting birth certificate (above) shows the Musgrove's on the
move again. When their daughter Adelaide was born on the 26th
the family were living in a house in Baddow Road, Great Baddow
birth certificate. When the birth was registered on the 7th
September 1886 the family had
moved to the
Essex village of Writtle and were resident in an imposing Georgian
property called Richmond House overlooking the green.
was previously used as a private school
for young ladies ran by Elizabeth Watkins. Her father and brother ran a private boys school on the opposite side of the Green. The school had closed
the time George and his family moved to Writtle. The old photo below shows Writtle Green about 1920, and below that Richmond House in 2008.
Home | George's