Birth of Rupert Musgrove at The
Home | George's
This property is now known as The Old Bakery Danbury
Common. After much research we have established that this house was
originally named "The Lodge". This was the house the Musgrove
family lived in when they returned to Essex in October 1891. The family
at this time
consisted of George and Emily with their children George, Emily, Alice,
Lilly, Herbert, Daisy, Gracey, Adelaide Roy and Rupert (who was born
here in March 1892). The family stayed here for at least three years.
Many years later our grandmothers spoke fondly of their years at Danbury.
George probably chose this location
because it is opposite his old pub The Cricketers which he had left
in 1886. The picture below dates from about 1910 and shows The Lodge
much as the family would have remembered it. A present day photo below
shows a hunded years of change to the property.