.........in Great Baddow.
When George left The Cricketers
Arms in Danbury the family moved to a house in
Baddow Road in Great Baddow southeast of Chelmsford.
While living at Great Baddow George and Emily's
children attended the National School situated near St Mary's Church in
the town centre.
and Emily's daughter Adelaide was born on the 29th July 1886, and the family
soon then moved to Writtle on the west side of Chelmsford.
When the Musgrove's had moved to Writtle, several of George's old debts
caught up with him. One in particular was from the schoolmaster of the
National School in Great Baddow, James Macroft Turnage who took the Musgroves
to the County Court for non payment of tuition fees.
Above is shown the Court register for the 8th November 1886 detailing Debts
of £2 - 7s plus 4s costs for tuition of defendant's children.
An 1886 directory (left) lists both George Musgrove and James Turnage.
Note the interesting traders in the list.
The school is shown below. It was built in 1877 with the left hand section
being added in 1897.
....... Home | Georges