Digby Fishmonger Chelmsford
Henry Digby had established his first fishmongers in Duke
street Chelmsford by 1871. An 1882 directory (above left) lists two shops.
By 1902 only the original Duke Street premises were operational and were
being managed by his son Arthur who was now known as John.
The Census below is from 1881 and shows Henry and Mary Ann Digby with
their children resident at his shop at 86 Duke Street Chelmsford.
Home | Georges Story 3